The NPA proprietary HELO family of products was originally designed for law enforcement application and specifically engineered to performance specifications requested by law enforcement with complex tactical needs. Unlike bonded jacketed bullets, the HELO is formed from a solid piece of high-grade virgin copper. After a proprietary cavity is formed, the copper bullet is subjected to a complexed proprietary manufacturing process which allows the projectile to achieve maximum penetration and expansion while retaining 100% of its weight through certified ballistic gel. The HELO does not break apart like many other copper hollow point bullets seen on the market, giving it a significant advantage in strength and integrity.
HELO Defense/Hunting 55 grain .223 has shown to be an ideal cartridge for hunters of medium sized game. Our cartridge has been proven to be the most effective defense/duty round on the market for many reasons:
- Monolithic Jacket-less solid copper hollow point allows for 100% weight retention
- Barrier blind projectile for tactical / defense scenarios
- Annealed to expand and will not break apart into small pieces
- Deep penetration to hit vitals in defense scenarios
- Ensuring and maximizing effective terminal results yielding in quick and humane harvesting of medium size game.
- Proprietary interior skives that allow consistent expansion to over twice its original diameter
- Holds a 1” group from a 16” test barrel at 100 yards
- Reliably feeds and functions in SBR rifles
Benefits of Using HELO Defense/Hunting:
- Retains 100% weight retention through all FBI Protocol tests barriers at 100 yards
- Black oxide coating reduces copper fouling and drag in a firearm’s barrel
- Premium surefire clean burning/low flash powder
- Premium primers crimped and waterproofed to mitigate misfires
- 100% Lead free projectile
- 100% bullet recovery rate from carcass without the risk of lead contamination in hunting applications
The first purpose-built hunting round for medium size game for the SBR platform.